Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The Story Of A Native American

     Alert
  "If you are a Native american you must evacuate your village and leave immediately.  People have been following you.  To get to safety follow the dirt path until you reach where all the roads meet.  This is a mobile home so if we're not there, just wait.  We'll come."  It said on a piece of deerskin in different languages.  Ours was at the very bottom.  My mother told me to go do something outside so I played Toli with the other people outside.  When I finally came back in my mother said we were moving to another place.  I knew what she was talking about.  We were going to where the letter said to go.  We were doomed.  

    Here I am hiding with my brother Thunder and my baby sister Sun.  You probably don't know the tragic incident  that has happened so I'll tell you.  When we got to the place where the paths meet We saw tons of other Native Americans from different tribes.  The people were not there.  We waited there for what seemed like an hour.  When we got there, it took a very long time for them to unpack.  I saw that they had on very weird clothes and were carrying metal things with a hole in the front.  I thought it was some kind of instrument and they would play it for us but I was wrong.  They took them out and pointed them at people and pulled a trigger.  Out came a puny thing that looked really bad.  When it hit someone they would fall to the ground... dead.  I took my brother and tried to get out of this terrible place but the exits were surrounded.  I heard a very familiar scream then looked at my mother.  She was on the ground...dead.  Dead as a hunted turkey.  I took a baby from a dead mother, got my brother, slipped passed the guards and we ran, me carrying the baby.  We finally found another tribe to live with and here we are now, living with this tribe.  It's called the Choctaw tribe.  They have taken really good care of us.  We even now have a fake mother.  This is a good life.



      I am now a grownup woman and have told my story to many children.  This is the first time I've written in this journal since 20 years ago.  My sister and brother are still here and okay.  I help out around and make sure no one believes any letters that say you will be safe.  I thank the Choctaw tribe SO much for keeping us safe.  My brother is chief of the Choctaw tribe and we have been living a happy life.  I hope it will stay that way forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment